The Royal Palace (basic tour)
The castle palace is a proof of the architectural art from the Premyslid era of the king Přemysl Otakar II. in 13th century.
The tour forms one route. Visitors walk through freely, without a guide, by following the arrows. All the texts are in English and other languages.
The royal castle of Zvíkov was probably founded at the end of the rule of the king Přemysl Otakar I. (died in 1230). The oldest part of the castle was the powerful prismatic tower called “Hlízová“ (something like “bulbous“) or ”Markomanka“. To the tower the king’s palace was built which was finished under the rule of the king Přemysl Otakar II. The palace was built on the ground plan of an irregular pentagon with a courtyard which is on the ground-floor and in the 1st floor surrounded by an arcade gallery. After the palace has been finished strong fortifications with gates and guard tower were constructed in the 13th century. In the 14th and 15th century the castle with its mighty fortification system served as a protection for the nobility from the environment. In the case of danger they escaped behind its strong walls.
- Kategorie Price
- Adults 25-65 years 150 CZK
- Seniors 65+ 120CZK
- Youth 18-24 years 120CZK
- Persons with disabilities with valid identification card/certificate 120CZK
- Children 6-17 years 60 CZK
- Children under 6 years free
- Person accompanying a disabled person free
- Person accompanying a school group of 15 pupils/students free
- Tour guide accompanying a group of at least 15 persons free
- Journalist with press accreditation* free
- ICOMOS-card* free
- * Offer available for cardholder only