Notice for visitors: The Royal palace will be closed on the 29th May 2018.
Till 1357 it was a royal castle , which then changed owners. In 1514 the estate was bought by Christopher Švamberk who owned also Zvíkov.
The town was founded by Přemysl Otakar II . On site Pisek castle and church participated the same building works as on Zvíkov.