Zvíkov Castle is located in the county of Písek, about 20 km north of the town of Písek.
HOW TO GET TO ZVÍKOV:
- from Písek along the green hiking trail, leading along the right bank of the Otava River, or along the red hiking trail (Sedláčkova stezka), leading along the left bank of the Otava River, to the Zvíkov/Otava Bridge and continuing along the green trail to the castle
- from Čimelice along the blue hiking trail, to the Kopanina fork, along the red trail to the Zvíkov/Otava Bridge and continuing along the green trail to the castle
- from Dolní Ostrovec along the green hiking trail
- from Vlastec (train station) along the blue hiking trail
- from Milevsko along the green hiking trail
Bike path no. 1149 terminates at Zvíkov.
Zvíkov Castle is the destination of the 150 km Pootavská bike path starting from Modrava in the Šumava Mountains.
From Prague, direction Strakonice (road no. 4), past Čimelice there is a marked turn-off to Zvíkov (road no. 121).
From Písek, direction Tábor (road no. 29), in Záhoří there is a marked turn-off to Zvíkov (road no. 138).
Just past the village of Zvíkovské Podhradí there is a parking lot serving castle visitors. From here you can walk about 400m along an asphalt road to the castle.
During normal weekdays there is a regular bus connection from Písek, Čimelice, or Milevsko to the bus stop Zvíkovské Podhradí. In the summer and on weekends there is a bus from Prague and Písek to the bus stop Zvíkovské Podhradí – rozcestí (crossroads). See the website: https://idos.idnes.cz/autobusy/spojeni/?changeShield=true
The nearest train stations are in Vlastec (about 7km) on the route Písek-Tábor, and in Smetanová Lhota (about 10km) on the route Zdice-Písek, or in Čimelice (about 12km) on the route Zdíce-Písek. https://idos.idnes.cz/vlaky/spojeni/?changeShield=true
During the warm season, a regular boat service goes between Orlík and Zvíkov.